What is an Embedded Librarian?
An embedded librarian is an integrated information expert who offers more direct research assistance to groups of faculty and students than the typical one-shot instruction session. This often occurs over the course of an entire semester.
While librarians can embed in face-to-face classes, we are increasingly in demand within virtual environments in order to support those online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes that require an online support component.
What We Can Do for and with You
We can facilitate student research and use of library resources during the entire course or just when needed for fully online, hybrid or face-to-face courses. Once we are added to your course in Blackboard, librarians can:
- Offer individual attention to students during any stage of their research process;
- Serve as a contact regarding library or research questions;
- Work with students to quickly resolve access to library materials;
- Schedule and give research instruction sessions online or face-to-face;
- Provide specifically designed content for the course including resources, search strategies and research guides (LibGuides);
- Set up and monitor a discussion board in your BB course where students can ask library-related questions;
We can work with you a little or a lot, whatever way best meets your needs.
Coordinator of Library Services - Wellesley Hills